Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a new iphoneXand it will not receive my gmail

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iphoneXand it will not receive my gmail messages. I just opened a new gmail account but all of my important messges will not come to my phone. please help if you can.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

The connection is fine. my other accounts are working

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I could not remember my password ***** apparently that was the cause

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you

OK so I am slightly confused on what the actual issue might be so hopefully I can ask you some questions so I can help further assist you. First you mentioned that you can not receive your gmail emails on your phone but then you mention that its just the "important ones" that do not go to the phone. But then you mention that your gmail password ***** the issue, so I guess my question would then be, can you sign into the website directly which is www.gmail.com. If you can, then we know your account is ok and your password ***** ***** If you can not sign in then we can try and reset your password. If you can sign in on a different device like a computer, then we know we need to just check some settings on your phone. This could also lead to how you get your gmail on your phone as if you are using the default mail app on the phone, you can instead download the actual gmail app from the app store.

thanks. I am receiving your message on th e laptop but not on my phone.

OK, I would first try and download the gmail app like the one seen here (click here) and then once it is downloaded to the phone just click to open and then sign in with your gmail address and password ***** see what happens.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.