Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I recently downloaded the new Gmail app on my new iPhone and…

Customer Question
I recently downloaded the...

I recently downloaded the new Gmail app on my new iPhone and some my email in my Outlook on my computer stop working or got blocked.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

Earlier in summer I now have Outlook 2016

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No just the Outlook problem

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I just need to get my Outlook email working again
12/28/2017
Email technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Please let me know more about the issue so I can best assist you.

My Outlook email gives my an error message every time I try to open it and none of my new emails show up

Thank you. What error message are you receiving?

No thank you

Ignore any prompts for additional service. Those are optional and designed if you need further help remotely.

What error message is Outlook giving you?

It keeps asking for my username and password ***** when I enter them nothing happens and the dialog box will not go away

Okay. You'll either need to reset it OR repair the version of Office in the control panel. Additionally, you can rebuild the profile in control panel as well. Would you like instructions for how to do this?

Sure. What version of Office do you have?

2016

Okay. Windows 7 or 10?

10

Follow these steps and this will repair the program. Let me know if you have any issues beyond that and I'm happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!

1. Open up the Control Panel on your PC (and show All Control Panel items, if necessary) and click on Programs, then Programs and Features.
  2. Find Microsoft Office 2016 in the list and highlight it.(Selection also say Microsoft Office 365)
  3. Click Change.
  4. Select Quick Repair and Repair then follow the prompts.

Type in CONTROL PANEL on the search on the bottom left to get to Control Panel

I followed all the instructions but it didn't solve the problem

Okay. Can you do the ONLINE REPAIR now instead of the QUICK REPAIR

This one is more thorough

Ok. How do I repair it online?

Follow the steps from before, but instead of QUICK REPAIR, there will be a 2nd option called ONLINE REPAIR

Office says it is downloading

Great! Let me know the results once it's done. It may take a while though.

The problem is still not fixed

Okay. Then let's reset the account. Can you go to www.portal.office.com please and try to login? Let me know if it doesn't work