Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to find an aol email that i sent a month ago. It is…

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find an aol email that i sent a month ago. It is gone. I have looked in old mail, sent mail and trash. It seems that they are deleting emails sooner. Is there any way I can recover the email? I thought at least sent mail would have it.

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Yes. All my folders only go back to December 14th. It seems as if I cant get back any further. Crazy!

Technician's Assistant: Are you checking your AOL mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?

In my browser

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all. thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I have a few follow up questions before we can attempt to see if these messages are housed anywhere. I will tell you now that we'll have to come to the conclusion that these messages are gone if they are no longer stored anywhere. AOL won't retrieve them and if it was a legal reason, they may be able to if you had to have them subpoenaed. Aside from that, I want to work with you to see if they were moved somewhere else by chance.

How do you access your AOL mail? How many devices and how? Such as what programs?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist