Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Last night for some reason my Google account wasn't doing…

Customer Question
Last night for some...

Last night for some reason my Google account wasn't doing good so I thought I'd reinstall it....Then my granddaughter was playing with it and put something else in it and everything that I had to work with on Google appears to be gone. So I tried to contact Google but it was late so was told to call or write back this morning. My Google info is all under my name .... Glenda G. Barnes. I want to stay with Google so could you look up and see if there was a lot of "stuff" that was deleted from my computer as I do need it back. Thank you. **********, Nyssa, Or. (Oh incidentally she thought changing my email address was necessary so she put some different one on that I don't know....but its all under ***@******.*** ) Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have had Century Link but my email has been gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer.... I don't have a cell phone nor tablet. My computer is hooked up to a telephone line on Century Link.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I honestly don't know what to do.....scared that if I do much it will loose all of my records. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it, just hope I find everything....Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Based on your notes, I see that you are missing some files. What exactly are you missing? I'd like to make sure and help you recover it.