Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Email will not let me forward a message--says my quoto has…

Customer Question
Email will not let...

Email will not let me forward a message--says my quoto has been reached but I have sent a number of old messages to trash. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Shaw

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my lap top

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Deleting some old messages so as to decrease number of built up emails so as to be under quoto

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not very handy at this computer stuff

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

ONce you have the messages sent to the trash you will need to "empty" the trash or choose the "delete forever" option or similar. This depends on what email you have and what you use for your mail app. Then your quota issue will be resolved. If your not sure how to do this let me know what your email is and what mail app you use or I can remote into your computer and you can show me. Let me know.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.