Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can you fix my ipad it say disabled connect to itunes I do…

Customer Question
Can you fix my ipad...
Can you fix my ipad it say disabled connect to itunes I do not have a computer to connect it to
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/28/2017
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

To clarify; was this disabled because the passcode was entered too many times?

No

Ok then what exactly do you see on screen? What is the exact wording used?

it was disabled because passcode was entered to many times. IPad disabled connect to itunes
How can I fix the problem without secure remote assistance and itunes

Ok, sadly in that case and due to security reasons, you will indeed need access to a computer of some sort to regain access to the iPad. That's simply the only way this can be done. If you have access to a friend's computer, you would only need it for perhaps 20-30 mins or so. Otherwise, you will need to take this to an Apple authorized retail / repair store for service.

If you can gain access to a friends computer, here are the steps:

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple iPad, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on the computer and connect the Apple iPad directly to it

-> Turn off the iPad (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use iCloud if you sync your data there.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Thank you I will take it to my daughters

You are very welcome!

If you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

My atm was charged for the secure remote assistance please get a refund on my account
Or fix my ipad