Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

All my devices are not accepting my aol.password. i cannot…

Customer Question
All my devices are...

All my devices are not accepting my aol.password. i cannot send mail. a tech helped me reset a few months ago but now its not working

Technician's Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?

It says i cannot send mail because until i sign in. then it does not accept it

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

It says it cannot send mail because my password ***** *****

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

Could you please provide your aol address so that i can check the password ***** options.

Are you using a windows or mac system?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s a Mac and I have 2 iPad minis

Thank you.Please give me a moment to check it.

Did you give your mobile number to aol as a password ***** option?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I may have I don’t remember

Please open this password ***** link then enter your aol email address and click on next then follow the on-screen instruction to reset AOL password.

Please try it and let me know the result.

Here is the link to reset password : - https://i.aol.com/account/password/start

Were you able to reset the password ***** the link i gave above?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it said it was incorrect

What shows as incorrect?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I reset the password ***** when I went to sign in it said it wasn’t correct

Please give me a moment there seems to be email outage issue showing most likely that is causing the issue.Please give me a moment to make sure of it.

It shows there are couple of locations that is hit by this outage in US.

Did it shows password ***** successfully ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried it twice but when I tried to log on it didn’t accept it

In that case its a AOL side issue not on your side.From December 24th onwards AOL is having such issues so you need to wait until it gets fixed.Sorry about that i know this is not the answer you were looking for but when it comes to issues like this there isn't much to do.

Is there anything else you like to know ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It seemed to work on one of My iPads

You mean the new password ***** ***** on one of the ipad but not on mac computer and other ipad?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am checking now

OK please do and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it worked on my Mac and my newer ipad not my older one. when I went to settings on my old ipad it accepted password ***** when i tried to send mail it said could not send mail because password ***** *****

In that case can you remove the AOL account from your older iPad and then restart the iPad and add it again with the new password ***** check it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can live with that I guess. for a long time I could only send emails on Mac. but just recently was not able to .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try, but will that mess up my other devices again

No it wont mess other devices AOL access.If that fails then it can be a security certificate issue in your older ipad which happens if the OS is outdated.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks, ***** ***** do I cancel the just answer

Do you mean cancel monthly subscription ?

You do not seem to have a monthly subscription on your account but to make sure i will request customer service to check it and if needed cancel it.

If you do not have any further question.please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Wish you and your family a Blessed New Year.

Sincerely,

John, Email Support Specialist