Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Have been trying to set up my email on my iPad but it would…

Customer Question
Have been trying to...

Have been trying to set up my email on my iPad but it would not accept me and. Ow it says my account is disabled

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Videotron and I use hotmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have been through the setup as an outlook account on my iPad, checked every setting ( have my friend who is an iOS expert) , but. It won’t pass the verification

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That,s it rightnow

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
12/27/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First I would try and access your email from a computer if you have the option before trying on the ipad with the mail app. That is because when you try from the website you are trying directly. You mentioned you have Videotron but use hotmail so you may have a couple things to try.

Please try these sites on a computer if possible first so we can make sure your account is ok.

Straight from Videotron

https://courrielweb.videotron.com/cw//displayLoginEnLegacyResidentiel.action

Outlook (hotmail)

https://outlook.live.com/

Let me know what happens.

OK...give me 5 minutes

Take your time.

Thanks but right now I’m setting up as an outlook mail account, it’s immediately failing for I mail and just going away for outbox
It’s saying authentication failed on the incoming mail server and timed out sending a test email
Any specific ports I should be using?

Well, one reason why I was hoping for you to try the 2 links I sent you was to see what happens if you sign into your mail directly first without having to worry about servers, ports, etc. Were you able to sign into the links I gave you?

Sorry John, where were the two links....as a text?

Yes, but thats ok. Here they are. Because this will at least rule some things out. You mentioned you had videotron so I am curious on which links if any will work.

Straight from Videotron

Outlook (hotmail)

https://outlook.live.com/

Tried the two links, first just would not work, second one responded that too many times login rejected............

What is your email address?

My working address is***@******.***,

What is the one that does not work?

What is the full phone number to *********24. Please let me know as soon as possible and let me know if you have access to it.

1(###) ###-####

OK I just sent a code to your phone, please let me know the code.

That is Carols home number in Montreal, she is visiting us here in Richmond BC, and there is no remote access
Do you want Carole to authorize you to send messages to my phone number?

Well the(###) ###-####is the number on file for the hotmail account but if you do not have access to get a text message or voice call to it we can see if there is another option. That is however usually the best option.

Carole does not have remote, message review on her house phone

ok let me see if there are other options one moment.

Ok I just sent a code to the email you mentioned that you have access to***@******.***. Let me know the code when you can.

It’s 3042

OK well here is the thing which I forgot about. It wants me to fill out some infomration like first name last name, birthdate, etc. However it will know that I am in a different location then you and may lock the account. It's not for sure that this will occur but its possible. It states "if possible". The good news is that we got this far and maybe if you have access to this link you it may be better if this account is in the same location you are. What do you think?

Carole Jones, April 27, 1945

ok i just need country (Canada I am assuming) but what Province? Also postal code and the answer to the question "Your first Car"

Quebec, Canada, j6k 1g5. Sundance

OK I wasn't sure how many other questions it may ask but now its asking for other passwords you may have used in the past for this account. Are you sure you are not able to go through this on your own do you think instead as I don't want to pry into your business. Can you try and click here to start the process, as it may be better if possible.

but just so you know during the process it will ask you to use the phone number you did not want to use so there for you will need to click on the link below that says to verify you in a different way which is where after I clicked that link, I entered the email***@******.*** and then you will receive another code. Then from there you will enter the code and continue the questions. Then you will see what I mean when you get to the more personal business and passwords. Please let me know what happens.

Have to take a break but will get back in 30 minutes

No worries. Keep me posted as I am still here.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist