Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am locked out of my IPad pro how to recover topuch ID and…

Customer Question
I am locked out...

I am locked out of my IPad pro how to recover topuch ID and passwords

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes on a lenovo PC

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes I have to find

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The I Pad said to update and I did and lost my touch ID password

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
12/27/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Anytime you don't know the passcode or the touch ID does not work first try and restart by doing the following:

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work then you have no choice but to bypass the passcode or touch id by putting the ipad into recovery mode first and then restoring with itunes. Yes, this will erase your data but if you have a previous backup or have backed up to the cloud before you will be able to apply that backup after you bypass the passcode or touchid. Here is how:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist