Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I reply or forward the loading messages keeps coming…

Customer Question
When I reply or...

When I reply or forward the loading messages keeps coming up. If I hit go back and type who it is going to and try to send it wont go. Loading messages comes up. Have a Samsung A5. Year and half old.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Shaw mail in Vancouver Canada. They checked settings and everything is fine. Works on my laptop and both are mapped together.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my phone or laptop. but more on my phone. This message just started a few days ago. Now it does it all the time.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried to hit the X in the forward message. But I do it after I get rid of load messages. It still wont work. Been reading the posts on this site. Also Shaw checked the mail settings and they're fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
when is my answer coming?
12/27/2017
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Ok

A single bad email in your email account can cause this.

Go back to the day when the problem started and look for any unusual emails, e.g. with a large attachment.

Remove any suspect emails.

Also empty the trash and deleted items folders.

Let me know if that helps?

I did that already yesterday. Emptied everything you said. Just have a couple days in sent and inbox

What else have you already tried?

Checked with email provider Shaw. They asked me to send email to myself and that worked. I received another email. The server worked. I went to Fido where I have my phone plan and he did all sorts of things. He thinks the upgrade for Samsung may have stared this. Otherwise everything was working fine till yesterday.

If a restart did not help then try removing the email account from the phone and add it again.

Let me know if there is any improvement when you do that.

The guy at Fido did that three times. Added the account each time.

Have you tried clearing the email cache?

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap the More tab.
  4. Tap Application manager.
  5. Swipe left to view the ALL tab.
  6. Scroll to and tap an application.
  7. Tap CLEAR CACHE.
  8. You've now cleared the application cache.
Went to settings, application manager, email app, nothing showing email cache on that page. This is an A5 Samsung. I couldn't find tabs.

From the home screen, tap Apps first.

Then go to Settings within the Apps screen.

Then continue from step 3.

My home page doesn't have apps on it just the 6 dots on bottom right which I tapped to get to setings app and application manager.

That is a different application management tool, not the one that you need.

If Apps does not show on any of your home screens then it may have been removed.

To add it again, press and hold on any blank space on one of your home screens.

Then select Add>Go shortcut>Appdrawer>OK. You will now have the icon on your home screen again.

my settings and application manager is not right. After tapping email on application manager, there is no clear cache. I don't have tabs just all the apps on that page.

Have you found or added the Apps icon to the home screen?

I have the 9 dots with the word apps under it. I tap that to get to settings app icon. And the application manager on that page. So I tap that one and choose email out of all apps. Doesn't have anything there to clear cache.

Do you have an icon on your home screen labelled Apps?

Yah. The 9 dots have word apps under it. I did that. And I do the rest and get to application manager. It seems I don't have tabs like you say.

No, not the 9 dots...

If you don't see the APPS icon on your Home screen then you will need to add it, following the instructions that I posted previously.

Can you try that?

When I do that on a blank part on the home screen the top part goes smaller and on the bottom is images, widgets, settings (I checked this ), and themes. Nothing. So I tapped the screen to make it larger again. The icon I told you has the word apps under. That's how I get to settings, etc.

Ok, so can you go to Apps - Settings - Application Manager, then view ALL, and scroll to the email app, select it and choose to clear the cache?