Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My junk mbx disapered. I use windows... LEmme figure out the…

Customer Question
My junk mbx disapered. ...

My junk mbx disapered.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I use windows... LEmme figure out the verison

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Eudora

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Windows 7 I looked for junk MBX elsewhere thinking it got deleted. I found one in temp.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/27/2017
Email technician: Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner replied 6 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your issue tonight.

From Eudoras Window menu, select Mailboxes.

Click the expand arrow (triangle) on the left of your email name to reveal the available IMAP folders.

Click on the icon at the bottom right of the mailbox list and select Refresh Mailbox List from the menu.

I will try

Thankyou... Let me know please

The window menu does not have a mailbox option
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you actually mean the file "junk.mbx" is missing in the Eudora profile folder on your Windows computer? Did you go to the profile folder using Windows Explorer?

Okay, as you are using Windows, so the junk.mbx should be located at

• C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora

Please double check if the file is there. If not, please create a new mail account just as a placeholder, the copy its junk.mbx file as a new junk.mbx for your current mail profile. Does it make sense?

But what I did was copy the one from virtual folder
it does not seem to work with the program
Message is can’t read from file.Cause invalid argument. (22)
Do you mind I set up a new Eudora installation and upload the new junk.mbx file to you? I may take a while.
Remotely?
Any idea what happened?

Not remotely. I mean I setup a new Eudora on installation on my computer, once installed then upload my new "junk.mbx" for you to download.

Sure
Eudora 7
The older messages are still readable

OK. Currently in a remote session. Will do it once finished. Thanks.

No worries

Just noticed that I do have a new installation already in my lab, so I compressed the Junk files (junk.mbx and junk.toc) into a single ZIP file. Please download it here.

PLEASE DO BACK UP YOUR EXISTING JUNK.TOC and JUNK.MBX if existing.

Once I download them and save my back up – what next?

Unzip the file, which contains two files: junk.mbx and junk.toc. Just copy the files to cover your existing files under Eudora profile folder.

OK. But what about my old data?
how come my present junk.mbx Is not being recognized by the email program?

> OK. But what about my old data?

Do you mean you want to keep the mails in the old "Junk.mbx" file? They should be junk emails... :)

> And how come my present junk.mbx Is not being recognized by the email program?

Frankly, I don't know. A lot of reasons may cause that. What did you do in the profile folders before the issue happened? Or anything special before the issue happened?

Nothing, which is weird

Anyway, do my files work on your side?

Just the mbx vanished
Not at home yet
Anyhow I found what seemed to be a copy of the mbx
In a virtual folder...

> Anyhow I found what seemed to be a copy of the mbx

You mean a copy of your old, original MBX file? Where is it now. The location could tell some clues...

I put it in the Eudora folder with you other mbx file but it is still not working

I think now a remote session is required but it will need an extra charge.

Before that, I would like to check a few last resorts...

What's are the email addressed managed by this installation of Eudora 7? I mean the email providers and emailing protocols such as IMAP, POP and SMTP...

Let me try downloading the new filed first
We'll talk tomorrow (either way)...

Okay. Please buzz me here again once you are available again. Thanks.

Still not working.Maybe it’s the.ini file?
Five.

Is it okay for you to compress all INI files into a single ZIP file and upload compressed file here?

Or, as suggested above, can we do a remote session so I can troubleshoot directly your Windows computer?

Or, if you access all emails via IMAP and all emails saved at the sever or cloud side, nothing local requires backup, you may simply reinstall Eudora and reconfigure the mailboxes without losing data.

Lemme do the first later today

Sure, please.

FYI - I checked my Eudora installation and only found EUDORA.INI in my profile folders and all sub-folders. As per my review, I don't see any settings against further MBX except the filenames referring to the MBX.Therefore I would suggest the 3rd approach mentioned above: "if you access all emails via IMAP and all emails saved at the sever or cloud side, nothing local requires backup, you may simply reinstall Eudora and reconfigure the mailboxes without losing data."
I am not sure if my server (comcast) keeps my emials).

Reviewed the other INI files, they are all not related.

Please login at Comcast Webmail portal to see if all your emails are on the server.