Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got an email message that I have ordered AirPods- order…

Customer Question
I got an email...

I got an email message that I have ordered AirPods- order number HDH6YMK37 for $159.00. Can you confirm that this is a fake email message because I made no order and do not even know what is AirPods

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Hotmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All: phone, tablet and webbrowser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Got an pdf file asking me to open it and cancel the order but it did not work. The page was blocked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else. So far had no problem. This was rather a strange message from Apple Store

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/25/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

It is a fake email and a kind of SCAM. I suggest you to please ignore this message.

Thousands of people are receiving such fake emails on daily basis.

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by scrolling up and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit).

How ? I want just to signal that I made no order of AirPods as per email received. That is all

Please do not provide any personal information like credit cared or other details to this email.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this? I can also call you directly over the phone.

If yes, please let me know.

And kindly if you can take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by clicking stars at the top of the page and choose submit) to compensate me for my work, work and efforts, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the response and confirmation that this was a scam. I hope that this is a routine verification and conformation provided free of charge by Apple support and that the $45 put on hold on my credit card will be released
No I don’t want additional support. I want instead that the charge to my credit card be removed because the support was not technical but was a verification to confirm a scam. Thanks

We are Justanswer tech support team an independent paid tech support service provider.

I have provided you truthful and honest information.

If you have other queries, please let me know.

Regards, Sandy

I requested support from Apple support which directed me to you. This is not a technical issue. I have an account with Apple and not with you and they should be able to tell me if a message is from them or if it is a scam without using the services of an independent technical service provider. This charge is just not acceptable and please indicate to me how I can contact Apple to sort out these kind of issues if you can’t sort it yourself

You can please contact Apple team directly at this page:

https://support.apple.com/es-mx