Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had to have my phone reset to factory condition I am try…

Customer Question
Hello I had to...

Hello I had to have my phone reset to factory condition I am try to reconnect my g mail to my phone I need help please

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I really don't use it my phone kept cutting off so they reset it how ever not using my g mail I had find out what the password ***** so I can get my phone working at this point I can only get in coming calls no apps no text

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/24/2017
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Please follow the steps below to setup gmail on your phone:

1. Open up the Settings app on your iOS device and go to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section. Hit "Add Account".
  2. From there, choose Microsoft Exchange as the type of account (again, don't choose Gmail).
  3. Type in your Gmail address under Email. Leave the Domain field blank and enter your full Gmail email address under Username (including the @gmail.com, @googlemail.com, or other suffix). Type in your password ***** give it any description you like, for example "Gmail".
  4. Press the Next button at the top of the screen. It should pop up a message saying Unable to Verify Certificate—if it does, just hit cancel. Then, type m.google.com in the new "Server" box that shows up at the top of the screen. Then tap Next then test to verify that you are able to send and receive email.

Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?