Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

On one of our computers a chrome account was set up in 2013…

Customer Question
On one of our...

On one of our computers a chrome account was set up in 2013 which we've never used. It's corrupted somehow and we can't get rid of it in order to set up our new chrome account. In fact it's partly in Japanese with a friend's email address for some unknown reason. I've spent at least 10 hours trying everything that's offered with no success.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail or Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

PC. We've got two computers. One works OK with chrome. The current one does not.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried Google help, and Dozens of other things off the Internet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Is this computer (with the Chrome issue) running Windows 7, 8 or 10?

10

Can I connect to your screen on this computer to check Chrome now?

Do this on the computer with the Chrome issue now:

RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left and select RUN.

Type %LOCALAPPDATA% in the RUN box and press ENTER.

In the folder window that comes up, delete the "Google" folder listed.

Done that, download and reinstall Chrome using the following link:

www.chrome.com

Does this work for you? Keep me posted below; thanks.