Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have a question; my partner had all manner of porn/hook up…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl :)...I have...

Hi Pearl :)...I have a question; my partner had all manner of porn/hook up spam in his email. I receive a lot too-as my email is his email back-up (I'm guess on that). Anyway, lat November he installed Covenant Eyes and the porn/hook up spam emails slowed down and then stopped...Well, I noticed this year, the spam stuff returned; little by little and now 30% of spam is related to sex/porn/hook up stuff. Why?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser-Chrome

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I called Covenant Eyes and asked them...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know...I do not know enough about this stuff to ask...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
12/23/2017
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The spammers will eventually find a way to get around spam filters and that is why they increase again.

What response did Covenant Eyes give?

Covenant Eyes said there are ways around their security, however; they cannot discuss it. They were not very helpful...I told them the cleanmaster app is a way around Covenant Eyes, they did not answer, they avoided...The thing is...my partner is a person who struggles with compulsive sexual behavior and porn issues...he is a known liar...I think the spam started again because he accessed it in his spam and started clicking on them and then behold; 30% of his spam is sex/porn stuff...Then my email gets the same stuff from the same senders...I did do address comparative...NEVER opened any, just compared...
I know people who have had the same email address for years and do not receive the sex/porn solicitations...Most people I talk to do not receive sex/porn solicitations like that...

Ok, so either the spam has increased by itself, or your partner has found one of the ways around Covenant Eyes.

There isn't any way to know for sure without physically watching him - even if you had the best monitoring equipment available installed on his computer, he could still just go and use another computer somewhere that had no monitoring equipment installed on it. Once his email address is used anywhere, the spam will start again.

Pete, Computer Expert