Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Microsoft updated my Windows 10 a week ago and now I can't…

Customer Question
Microsoft updated my Windows...

Microsoft updated my Windows 10 a week ago and now I can't log into my gmail account, where is my account now?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/22/2017
Email technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Can you tell me, how did you access your Gmail account prior to the update?

a screen would comeup at sign-in and I would click onto the link called 'mail'
no, no, no. I prefer to try and do it myself. I was not aware of $ help.

If you are mentioning about the remote support offer then, you can just ignore that, as that is an optional service. I can give you the steps and you can try it on your own.

No thank you. Thanks for your help. I will muddle through myself. Thsnks
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If the update

caused this, roll back the update.

Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)

On the Settings page click Update & Security.

From the vertical menu on the left select Recovery.

To the right, under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10",

click Get Started.

Select a reason for going back and follow the prompts to roll back the update

and once completed, things should be working again.

Let me know the result please.