Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had to have my computer worked on and now I can not get…

Customer Question
I had to have...

I had to have my computer worked on and now I can not get into my gmail account. It is***@******.***. I changed it to a new one***@******.*** but want to get into my old account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes but it did not work. When I went to my computer this morning it would not turn on or accept my password. I went to the Geek squad and they fixed the problem except I can not get into my old email and I need to get the messages and the addresses

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
12/22/2017
Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I will do my best to help. Do you have access to thi recovery email address?

car•••••••••@gmail.com

If so, I can help. Please advise.

[email protected] is the one I have

Thank you. Are you trying to reset your account form a computer?

Are you still with me? I can provide detailed written instructions or I can connect to your computer remotely at no additional charge and do it for you while you watch. Which would you prefer?

On your computer, please go to http://gmail.com. If you already signed into the postcarol48 account or any other account, please click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen (your picture or initial) and choose either ADD ACCOUNT or SIGN OUT. Enter your email address (the one that you want to reset the password *****) then click Next. On the screen that comes up. please click on FORGOT PASSWORD. On the next screen, rather than enter the last password ***** remember, please click on TRY ANOTHER WAY"). Now enter the full email address for car•••••••••@gmail.com. Click next. DON'T close this screen. Leave it open while you check your email (car•••••••••@gmail.com) for a recovery code, When you have it, enter it and click NExt or continue. You should now be able to reset the password.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist