Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I set up a google account on this laptop and cant remember…

Customer Question
I set up a...

I set up a google account on this laptop and cant remember my username or password. Have received a code from google but can't bring up the relevant page

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that i'm a computer dodo

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/22/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is your gmail / google account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

windows - as the original problem was I had forgotten my username???

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess