Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just installed updates on wife's i6 telephone. She

Customer Question
Just installed updates on...

Just installed updates on wife's i6 telephone. She registered her fingerprint but now the phone will not accept the print and asks for password ***** she does not know. How do we proceed?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes - the computer on which I am speaking to you.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you registered the fingerprint you will also have set a passcode, you cannot recall what this was?

Please let me know

No - have no recollection of setting a password
Nothing more to add

Ok, can you hold the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me if it then accepts the fingerprint please

Got message: telephone disabled try again in one hour.

Ok, please now try in an hour and let me know the results

I will be here waiting.

I tried this many times - phone message progressed from one minute to 5 minutes to15 minutes and now to one hour.

ok, the only other option then is a full reset of the phone

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

Windows

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPhone, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."

Click Restore Phone, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Having to down load iTunes - looks like it will take some time...

Ok, let me know how you go or if you hit any issues please

Cannot get iTunes on my hp computer - downloaded twice but it disappears!!

Please look for the file in your downloads folder, it will be there.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist