Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I tried the new yahoo mail late this morning, then switched…

Customer Question
I tried the new...

I tried the new yahoo mail late this morning, then switched back when I realized I could not control spam. When I logged back on a bit later, I had no new emails. Then this evening, it kept switching me to att.com when I was trying to get support. I logged on there, new messages showed up, but now all my folders are missing.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

I was on my phone, but that is telling me the app quit.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Questions (that I may not remember) but probably not a phone number. I did set up a key

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I did change my password ***** the last half hour. Also, everytime I tried to use the online help to restore, it did not accept my Yahoo ID.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/21/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you mean you can log into your Yahoo email, but no longer see incoming emails?

Yesterday morning I was logged in, switched to the newer version of yahoo mail, did not like it so I switched back, then did not receive any new messages afterward. Early evening, I was trying to work on the problem at home, which was very frustrating because it was impossible to get an actual person at Yahoo. I attempted to go through help and it sent me to att.com, where I changed my password ***** case this is a hacking problem. When I did that, my email converted to the att version of Yahoo mail, at which time all of the emails from that day showed up. However, I no longer see any of the folders in which I have hundreds of messages from many years. I tried to send a restore request through Yahoo and it would not recognize the Yahoo ID, for which I was logged in under. That's when I tried this service.

> switched to the newer version of yahoo mail,

I guess you did mean accessing Yahoo Mail via web using a browser. Correct?

> then did not receive any new messages afterward.

Please clean all history and cookies of your browser and try login Yahoo again, using a specific version, whatever it is old or new, just stick on one version. It sounds like a bug of Yahoo site.

> I tried to send a restore request through Yahoo and it would not recognize the Yahoo ID

Please clam down, don't do that as it will likely cause more troubles. If it is a bug of new Yahoo look, the company will fix it soon because it will not be only on the earth having the problem. Give Yahoo a bit more time. Let them fix it for you.

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Thank you for getting back with me. Actually, I believe that I figured everything out for myself. Which is frustrating. I found the first "expert" response back was sarcastic and patronizing.AT&T sent an email yesterday explaining what they had done 2 days earlier - splitting up their email from Yahoo. It took awhile, but I figured out that new emails were in one place and my folders were in another. Then I figured out how to forward my messages so that everything is once again showing back up in Yahoo.Thanks for getting back with me.
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago

You're welcome