Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Accidentally deleted important email inbox messages from…

Customer Question
Accidentally deleted important email...

Accidentally deleted important email inbox messages from last month. They are not in trash. Can I restore November 2017 deleted inbox messages?

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

In trash but not in spam. Original was not in spam folder

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How long ago did your email go missing? Have you tried sending a Restore Request to Yahoo?

I tried to restore but only goes up to so many hours not last months emails

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/21/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

If you can't see it in the Trash folder and you are sure they were deleted before, then they are gone.

Do you see anything else in the Trash folder? Did you ever delete those emails again from Trash?

Not sure if I deleted them from trash

Sorry for replying late as I was in a meeting.

Okay, there is a chance to restore your Yahoo mailbox to a previous time point within 7 days. It is to restore the WHOLE mailbox, not your single email. Therefore, once restored, your recent emails that received after the time point will be lost. Basically it is just a time machine let you restore to a status up to to 7 days ago.

Lets come back to your issue. If you deleted those emails less than 30 days, and you deleted them again less than 7 days ago, you may try above method to restore your mailbox and hopefully get them back in the Trash, then you undelete them from Trash if luckily there are still there. Given the condition, your Yahoo mail setting is to clean up emails in Trash every month.

If you are sure you deleted them again from Trash more than 7 days, you don't need to restore as it will not help.

If you really want to try restoring your mailbox, please log on at Yahoo and start from HERE.

Does it make sense? Please let me know. Thanks.

Any feedback please? Thanks.