Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

We have a galaxy S5 and we would like to replace the

Customer Question
We have a galaxy...

We have a galaxy S5 and we would like to replace the battery. What is an easy way to open the back of the phone so we can put the new battery in.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

I am sorry but I am helping some one with it and I really don't know. The owner says he thinks it is 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

It hasn't been long. We took it to verizon and of course they werent much help. The phone wont charge even though the indicator light shows it should be. The phone wasn't used a great deal.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I am thinking maybe we need to purchase a new battery for it. When he first asked me about it I did get a screen to come up but it showed it needed to be charged. So I have had it on the charger for 24 hours and still nothing. So I was going to order a battery and try to replace it. I am having trouble getting the back off. I thought maybe there is a special trick to get it open. Thank You

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/20/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, there is a special way to open it.

Take a look here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S5+Battery+Replacement/26918

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!