Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am trying to update my billing information, but it is not…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to update my billing information, but it is not working. I have a new card.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My aol account.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser. I need tochange the info on my account so that aol gets paid.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone to the update site, but it will not accept the info.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
12/19/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you still able to access your AOL email account using a web browser?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Windows. And yes
Windows. And yes.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Windows. And yes. All I want is to update my billing info. I do not have a mobile or any other type phone. My hearing is very poor, and due to cancer, I am unable to speak normally.

Best regards,
Jess

All I need is to update the info for my card. There is NO need to access my computer. Typical AOL, try to complicate a free lunch.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Were you able to access the AOL page where you input your new card information?

No. You charged my account $5 then $31 without my authorization. You have two choices; Either reverse those charges or cancel any and all AOL accounts, contracts, agreements, etc. In NO way did I agree to these charges. I live 5 minutes from my bank, and will have these charges reversed at 9;00 EST in the morning. I did this about two weeks ago on another sham charge. If you don't make this right, it will cost AOL money and customers.

I am sorry for the confusion. You posted your request here on our JustAnswer.com site and we do not work for free. But we guarantee our service so you can have your money back if you do not want to continue.

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist