Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm having problems accessing my gmail account. I have left…

Customer Question
I'm having problems accessing...

I'm having problems accessing my gmail account. I have left my job and was using a company issued cell phone and my recovery email address was with them as well. I have a new mobile phone and can't remember my password. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes my kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number was the phone that was company issued which I no longer have. Not sure about a security question

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/19/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I assume you've attempted the account recovery at which it mentions it cannot verify the account belongs to you?

Since you may have gone offline, you are free to respond to me for further details but I will provide some notes based on everything so far. I'm very sorry to say that there isn't a way to recover this account. If there was ANY way to access that email or phone from the previous company, you may be able to save this account. But if it's a security liability or not leaving on good terms, the only option you have is to go through the security questions and answer the remaining ones. Since it sounds like it will not let you reset it, you will only be allowed to use it until the Kindle signs you out after an update.

If it were me, I would create another GMAIL account and setup forwarding on this account to that new account. So if you were signed out, at least you can still get your email in the meantime.

Otherwise, if you would like to go through the security steps together, we can do that as well. Let me know if there was anything I missed or if you have more information for me.

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!