Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot get into my gmail account. I got a new phone and…

Customer Question
I cannot get into...

I cannot get into my gmail account

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes. I got a new phone and after entering my password ***** on my computer I was locked out. The more I tried, the worse it got.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes. My phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/18/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Good morning! Did you go through the password ***** questions already?

No, I don't think so.

Okay! I will provide those steps. Make sure to answer all the questions.

1. Access this page: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

2. Put in your email address.

3. From here, it will ask you your security questions. Answer them accordingly and answer all the questions that you know. If you answer them correctly, we'll be able to reset your password.

Let me know how these steps go before we go into the next steps.

Are you having any luck with the recovery?

No. This is terrible. Nothing works

It is taking you to the end that says "account cannot be verified at this time?"