Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Everytime I try to put in my password it says wrong

Customer Question
Everytime I try to...

Everytime I try to put in my password ***** says wrong password. Then I have Yahoo send a key code to my phone and when I type in the key code it sayd it's not correct.... what can I do? I don't have a recovery email. I am 83 years old and don't understand what to do...

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes my phone number.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't remember if I have security questions because it's been so long ago. I have always had my password ***** so I could go straight to my account

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/18/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Approximately when was the last time you were able to access your Yahoo email?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Windows computer and it has been 3 weeks ago. I went into hospital and then to a senior living facility so my computer has been moved and set up again on different wifi. Now I can't get into my yahoo email to see important papers etc...

Thank you for writing back with that information. Do you still remember the correct or last password ***** your Yahoo email? (Yes or No only, do not post your password *****)

Also, please tell me your Yahoo email so that I can run tests from my end to recover it.

I do not want to get on a secure remote assistance. I don't have money for all of this. If you can't help me let me know so I can get my son to help me.
I remember my last password. My email is***@******.***

I am very sorry about the confusion. Yes, I can help you with this but there are charges for my services. From my end, I can see you deposited a total of $47 already. If you think this is a mistake, you can request for a refund. Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

But if you want to proceed, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jess