Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Mail won't let me reply or compose. G mail. Apple laptop.

Customer Question
Mail won't let me...

Mail won't let me reply or compose

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

G mail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Apple laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not sure where to begin

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm messaging on my I pad beside the laptop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/17/2017
Email technician: michelleclive, Email replied 7 months ago
michelleclive

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Are you able to sign in to your gmail on the laptop

i am in g Mail on the lap top

what happens when you click on reply or compose

are you using a browser or Mail app to open your gmail

Browser

which browser are you using...chrome or firefox or safari

Chrome

what happens when click on reply or compose

There is no response

would you like me to remote connect and check and fix the problem for you

no thanks

no problems

please open safari and open gmail

let me know if you are bale to reply/compose in safari

that is working.

ok got it..it seems there is a problem in chrome

we can try fixing it

open chrome and then click on the 3 dots on top right

then click on settings

scroll down and click on advanced settings

click on the reset option

once done open a new chrome window and open gmail and check the reply/compose options if they work or not and let me know

No still not working in Chrome
In Chrome I get the message 'somethings not right'. We're having trouble connecting to Google'

got it..seems we need to reinstall chrome

can you delete google chrome from computer

Ok I will delete Chrome and re install .. I have to go now due to my family. I will see if that works

sure do let me know the status once you have tried

I am unhappy because I agreed on your web page to a $5 trial for this help but I have been charged $52NZPLEASE CORRECT THIS