Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't even find Properties when I right click on Inbox or…

Customer Question
I can't even find...

I can't even find Properties when I right click on Inbox or anything in Thunderbird! It is totally corrupted. I imagine Iwill have to uninstall, reinstall, lose my messages. I had Malwarebytes installed; it told me I had Malware, but it also screwed up my system, so I "quarantined" PUPs, and uninstalled Malwarebytes (I also have Webroot, which found no problems); but my PC has been messed up since last night. Mostly Thunderbird, though.

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

I don't have lost email; I just can't get my mouse (right click) to work in Thunderbird! i suspect I may have a PUP, but I'm not sure. I also had tried to resort, last night... that's when the problem appeared.

Technician's Assistant: Are you checking your Webroot mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?

I'm not checking Webroot email; I'm using tThunderbird! Webroot is an AV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have some weird links on Thunderbird, but I cannot tell if they are new or not. I am also running Adblock, but cannot disable it, using my Mouse (basically, I'm saying my Mouse doesn't work on Thunderbird, as of last night).

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/17/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

I would first back up everyting under the Thunderbird's profile, the uninstall it at all.

Dont reinstall TB immdiately, run without for a while and watch you system.

If everything is okay, reinstall TB and restore the mails, if poosible.

Regarding the malware, please show me a few sacreenshots of you AV software against the related findings. Thanks.