Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Forgot my password,changed it then got locked out. have done…

Customer Question
Forgot my password,changed it...

Forgot my password,changed it then got locked out. have done the recovery process with alternate email address and cell phone 5 times, it keeps saying google cant confirm my ownership

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Ye, on my cell phone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
i have answere all the security question except for the priginal account date, it was a very long time ago
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your google email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You said you were successful changing it already, but then got locked out. Is this correct?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back after the @? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

on cell phone
iam on a windows 10 machine using google chrome

ok, when you changed the password, are you positive it was successful already?

and what device did you do that on? Did your windows 10 use the new password *****?

i tried to use the password ***** it must have been entered wrong, that caused the lock out
in chrome on win 10

Are you still getting it on your phone?

And are you receiving a message that says you are locked out for 24 hours?

It is different from not being able to access it and when it tells you they cannot verify you.

no i got a message that my ownership couod not bevferified though i answered the security questions
still getting email on my phone yes

Ok, it will depend on what back up you have put in place as to if you can get that email back.

The reason your phone is still working is one of two reasons. It hasnt recognized you changed passwords

yet which is common. Or the old password ***** ***** 'in' the phone.

How do you access the email on your phone? browser, clicking built in email client or did you download

an app such as gmail?

built in gmail app on phone

What does that envelope look like? Gmail isnt usually built in. It is downloaded or a gmail email is

added to the email client built in that is generic.

color of the envelope?

orange
generic andro
id client

Please standby.

ok waiting

Please do not reply until i send next message. I am looking to see if we can 'reveal it' on the phone.

i fixed it thsnks anyway

Perfect! I was going to send you a way around. That doesnt seem necessary.

Please go here for a refund on this issue:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Happy holidays!

Franklin

i am all set now

Happy holidays!

Franklin

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist