Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I did a hard reset on my phone, it asked for my gmail

Customer Question
I did a hard...

I did a hard reset on my phone, it asked for my gmail account, I did not know my password ***** I reset it. Now I am not able to get into my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Just the computer I am on now

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I do not remember, the only phone number I have had is this one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get into my phone and be able to use it. This is my only form of communication

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/16/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Have you tried a password *****?

And what was the result of it?

My recovery email would not take so I tried my gmail accounts, which I had to reset the passwords because I did not remember them

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around that feature.

what can I do to get my phone to work then?

You will need to reset the Gmail account password.

This has already been done.

You reset the password? Previously, you mentioned that you could not reset it.

I reset my gmail passwords because I did not remember them. I tried my recovery email which is not a gmail account and it would not take.

I apologize but that does not make sense. You can't reset the password ***** you do not know the recovery information.

Did you reset the password ***** were you not able to reset it?

First I entered my recovery email which is a AOL account. It would not take, so I tried a gmail account that was verified by phone number. So I tried logging on but it would not take my password ***** I reset the password. Now it is saying since the password ***** been reset I can not restore my phone.
Or attempt to in 24 hours.

Yes, you need to wait 24 hours if you reset the password.

but why did my phone not except my recovery email or take my phone number in the first place?

Unfortunately, I cannot answer that question for you since I did not have the phone in my hand during that time.

there really is nothing you can do to help resolve this issue?

No, I cannot speed up the process unfortunately.

Ok. Thanks.

You're welcome

If I went to get a new phone would I have to the passwords

No, if you don't want to restore it using that backed up data.

OK. Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Just wondering if the customer still needs remote assistance service?