Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just received e mail indicating that my mail account is 95%

Customer Question
Just received e mail...

Just received e mail indicating that my mail account is 95% full and soon will stop new mail. Is this true and is this e mail legit and can you help me if so?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Not sure, comes into my***@******.*** address on my I pad

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I pad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None yet, wasn't sure if this e mail was legit or a scam

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Does the email have any links and is it asking for any personal information? Also who does it say the sender is?

The sender was 'support'. Did you just charge my credit card more than the $5 deposit?

I didn't charge anything, the website handles all the charges so if you have billing questions just email***@******.*** and they will be happy to help. I am just a tech so have no control over billing. Now is this email asking you to do anything such as provide personal information?

For example if the mail says something like it wants you to verify or click something to reduce the size it is a scam

I approved only a $5 deposit charge and not the $42 charge that followed. Please reverse that charge immediately or I will dispute it and file a complaint. I'll be watching, thanks.