Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I HAVE AN LG ANDROID PHONE AND IT WILL GO INTO MUTE MODE…

Customer Question
I HAVE AN LG...

I HAVE AN LG ANDROID PHONE AND IT WILL GO INTO MUTE MODE SPORADICALLY AND I AM UNABLE TO DISABLE TJE MUTE MODE, ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO REMEDY THIS.

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have?

WHERE DO I FIND MODEL NUMBER

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your LG phone? What have you tried so far?

HAPPENS INTERMITTANTLY. I HAVE TURNED PHONE OFF, TRIED ADJUSTING SETTINGS, EVEN TOOK OUT BATTERY

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
12/15/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Before we begin, can you reply in the chat box below so I know you are online with me?

I'M OLINE

Great. Do you have an app called Battery Doctor?

NO

The reason your phone is going into Mute mode is because an app is causing it to do that. Since there are hundreds of apps, the only one I know of is Battery Doctor off the top of my head. Do you have any other battery or phone utility programs?

The best thing to try is to remove each program one by one. Then we can determine which one it is. If you let me know the model number or the phone type you have, I can look to see any other issues for that model.

There are some phones you can press a certain button which can accidentally move it to silent/mute so I would like to see if that is one of those phones.

If you were able to resolve this, do you mind letting me know. I just want to make sure you are taken care of or if you are still working on this, we can work on this together still. I'd hate to have you leave the site and not get the issue resolved.

Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist