Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

This is a very important matter. My grandson was kidnapped…

Customer Question
This is a very...

This is a very important matter. My grandson was kidnapped by my daughters ex- boyfriend! We are trying to copy the messages he sent my daughter and i to take to court next week and the messages only go back to June 2017. We need to go back further. PLEASE PLEASE HELP US!!!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Comcast

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

These are the facebook messanger texts that he sent

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

I dont think ever

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

Just scrolling up and it stops at june

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/14/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Messages from where?

Facebook messenger

If this is a criminal/legal issue then you will need a subpoena to Facebook

This is personal matter. I don’t need a subpoena

Then, it is not possible.

A kidnapping issue with the court system is not a personal matter. You need a subpoena.

MY ATTORNEY TOLD ME TO DO THIS. I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO BREAK INTO HIS TEXTS JUST MY TEXTS AND RESPONSES HE ALREADY PRINTED ALL OF THEM OUT WHY CANT I? We are so afraid that he doctored up what he printed. I just want the truthful honest answers to print out

Yes, you will need to speak with your attorney to obtain a subpoena then.

You cannot make the chat/messages go back further than what is appearing on the screen.

You just took $75. Out of my account for nothing! You are steeling . These are not court documents. This is for my own personal use!

As I mentioned, there isn't a way to make the messages appear.

You will need a subpoena in order to obtain those types of records. You will need to speak with your attorney who will understand the process.

I just called my attorney , he again said that I don’t need a subpoena! These are MY personal messages! I need the number of your supervisor . Where do we send the subpoena???
you are telling me that a person can never access messages prior to June of 2017?

No, you cannot produce messages prior to a certain date if they are not appearing within the messenger.

As I mentioned, the messages that are stored on Facebook's servers that are not appearing would require a subpoena to request those documents.

I want to be refunded the $72. That you and Facebook just stole from me. I need the name ,and number of your supervisor. You are insisting that YOU know the law and I need a subpoena. I need the name and number of the person YOU say I need to send a subpoena to,

No, I don't say that I know the law which is why I have referred you to your attorney multiple times.

This question will be sent for a refund and I won't be able to reply back. Best of luck to you!

I want to be refunded the $72.00 you and facebook just stole from me. I am calling my 3 local news stations in my town and telling them that JOSH thinks he is an attorney and knows more than MY ATTORNEY and Josh insists I need a subpoena. Iam also telling them that Facebook is a crook and stole $72.00 and gave me nothing in return !