Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Approximately 10 yrs ago my son backed up all our computer…

Customer Question
Approximately 10 yrs ago...

Approximately 10 yrs ago my son backed up all our computer info under email (*****@******.***). He was maybe 12 yo at the time and as of today he has forgotten his (password) and the (security questions). I desperately need to find the (password) because I have to back some things up so I can update my present phone but everything is locked into that email and there is a strong possibility that if I update without password ***** will lose everything. PLEASE HELP.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I do have access to an email account

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/14/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

We have not had (password) access to this email for approximately 10 yrs now and I have been putting it off but l desperately need the access now

Has he been active in this account in the last 10 years?

For example sending and receiving email?

No. Nothing active. He hasn't touched it since back then (10yrs ago). l believe he just started another account.

Anything after 5 years the account will auto prune, then after 6 it is permanently deleted.

After 8 it is then flushed from the legal hold backup system.

Ok do you have any suggestions?
Because everything is still locked into that email and l can't access it. And when l punch in that Email it doesn't show that it's closed...it actually still requests the password ***** secret questions.
I even tried to call YAHOO but they don't take phone calls. Do you know a direct customer service YAHOO chat room that l could contact them directly? I tried one but they wanted me to use the bad email address which l don't have password *****

Is there a legal reason you need access to this account?

No. It's just that l can't back up or access anything on any of my present media (cell phone / lab top) without that email access cause it was all initiated under that old email.
All my music and pictures on my present phone aren't saved / backed up on cloud (l think is the terminology). All the stuff on my phone may disappear if l try to update my phone

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Can l do it from my cell phone I'm presently working

Let me know when we can do it from a computer.

Ok I'll be off tomorrow (Wednesday) so I'll try it then and contact you. Thanx

Okay great