Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I cant remember my email password and the email the code is…

Customer Question
I cant remember my...

I cant remember my email password ***** the email the code is sent to I no longer have access I need someone to unlock my account and give me a temp password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have provide this to the email log in but it said it was not enough info to authorize me

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
12/14/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please when you were last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

yesterday morning
no that wont work its the email at yahoo not my pc that has the problem
is that it

Thanks

Can you tell me the email address with the issue and the message you get when you fail to sign in?

email address is***@******.*** it wants to send me a key to an email address from years ago that i no longer have access

Ok, did you also specify a recovery email address to use for your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

i must have years ago this email is***@******.***

Ok, do you see it show when you go through the password ***** or a cell phone you entered?

i see the email address but cant access it to get the key, ive tried the recovery thing that's no use at all just goes around in curcles

And at the end it says Uh Oh correct?

what i need is for someone at yahoo to put a temp password ***** my email so i can get in and change the password

ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.
I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "
So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.
Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

well not the best news i can deal with it. but yahoo needs to do something about this im sure im not the only one how has had this issue and someone there should be able to reset a password
i have already created a new account where do i got to set the recovery option

You wont be able to recover this old account though, there is no way for Yahoo to verify you are the owner as your recovery details are not correct

Richard, Email Systems Specialist