Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was hacked yesterday. My contact list was stolen and

Customer Question
I was hacked yesterday...

I was hacked yesterday. My contact list was stolen and someone is now using that list and my name trying to extort money from everyone on that list. I'm not a computer whiz. I've tried to set up a new account with no success.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually through a web browser and sometime on a tablet.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried changing my password, deleating everything but couldn't figure that one out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Someone is using my name and my contact list to commit a crime!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/14/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Did you check filters through the webmail on your account?