Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My phone locked up today. It asked for a password I do not…

Customer Question
My phone locked up...

My phone locked up today. It asked for a password ***** do not know. I took the phone to Verizon and they said I needed my gmail account password, I was able to have a code sent to my aol account so I could reset the password. I have an account for gmail but own a business where I use only comcast.net or aol. When I drove all the way home to get the code and put the code in the message I got was that it was not recognized, This has cost me an entire day of business, Now I have called google, but no live person to talk to.

Technician's Assistant: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service.

Why cannot you help

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Gmail phone?

I do not have a gmail phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

Droid phone Is there a live person to talk to

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I have a droid phone that for some reason is locked and needs a gmail password. I do not know the password ***** the code they sent does not recognize me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/13/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your gmail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you fixing it now

I believe i know what your issue is. You cannot get codes sent, then drive from place to place. You will need two windows open.

One for gmail, one for your aol to get the code. They expire as well as 'time out'. If you do this again without directions to get it

done all in one shot, they will lock you out of your account further.

This is the issue youre running into. Its stopped by your bank/cc company. It is so you dont have services added that you do not want.

A quick call to them/customer service will allow this to go through and i would be more than happy to do this for you as soon as it clears.

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****

In the meantime I am sending the remote connection offer back to you to be approved when you are ready.