Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My inbox no longer shows just the inbox. Gmail. Gmail from…

Customer Question
My inbox no longer...

My inbox no longer shows just the inbox.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Gmail from desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried the multiple inboxes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Calendar is fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/13/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Could you clarify what exactly shows up on your Gmail inbox now?

Search results for: is:inbox plus another section that has no label
You have NOT answered my question. Why do you want more money?
How do I attach a screen shot?
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you with your missing gmail inbox. This will depend on how you access it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Windows 7 Home Premium. We access Gmail in a web browser (Chrome)
I can send a screenshot if you can accept that.

Ok, i dont need the screenshot. give me just a few minutes. I am going to send you directions to 'show' your inbox again.

thank you. Got a blank email. Was that it?

No.

You may have it hidden

To Show a Label in Gmail

To make a hidden label visible in Gmail:

1. Click More below the labels list.
  2. Click the desired label and hold down the mouse button.
  3. Drag the label up to the list of labels under Inbox.
  4. Let go of the mouse button to release the label.

Make sure your inbox label is check to show.

If you have issues with this, i will help you. Just tell me what you see.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

There is no "inbox" in the categories.
May I just get instructions to re-set it?

I have sent you an offer so i can help you by remote. or we can remain written.

Remain written, please
I can now see my inbox (I changed a setting). However the items will not move to the archives.

Please look for inbox and 'show' here.

https://www.technipages.com/gmail-show-hide-folders-on-left-menu

Also, look in your trash to see if you deleted the folder.

The "show in iMap" is selected. No joy.
Don't see it in my trash either

Look at that link again. Above the imap portion.

Do you see a label there for inbox?

It shows you a picture of what you will see there. What label to click on and instructions to see it.

Did you need any further help with this issue?

Remove me. Got no help here.

Ok, you did not answer back after i asked questions. I apologize this didnt resolve the issue.

Please go here for a full refund as we want you to get the support you need if you can.

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Do not accept the solution with stars and use that link. It will put your fees back on your card for you.

Merry xmas!

Franklin