Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have not been access my Gmail account for some time. It…

Customer Question
I have not been...

I have not been access my Gmail account for some time. It says the password ***** changed but I do not recall changing it from the one I know. When I put in the one I know it wanted to know when I opened the account and I have not idea when that was (how many people do?) I do not want to open another account as all my contacts have this one. What can be done.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No. I can still log in on my phone but am not currently.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need my phone# ***** my last pass word? I had two but am not sure which was the last one.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/13/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I would like to help you with your Gmail issue. Could you respond in the white chat box below with "hello" so I know you are still online while I review your notes?