Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to find the temporary outlook folders created a

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find the temporary outlook folders created a document and saved it there in error

Technician's Assistant: Is your Outlook file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

Dont know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Have you tried to just open your MS Word and then locate the recently opened file and start opening it from there?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I edited an emailed document and saved not in documents but I think under outlook

If you edited the email document, it should have been opened and edited in MS Word. Are you saying you did the editing in MS Outlook?

usually recovered it via temporary outlook folder

Are you using Windows VIsta, 7, 8 or 10?

What version of Outlook are you using?

I am using Microsoft Office for Mac
2011

Ok. Give me a moment

ok

The folder you are looking for is in this directory path:

~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/Outlook Temp

To locate that folder, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Finder
  2. Go to the “GO” drop down menu and hold down the option (alt) key
  3. The “Library” option appears
  4. Click on “Library” and then you find “Caches” and “TemporaryItems” and finally “Outlook Temp”
  5. Now you locate your document if it is still there

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

not there

What did you mean? You found the temp folder but the document you are looking for is not there?

does not help checked on internet already and the temporary folders are not there
no - no list for temporary folders
the temporary folders are located somewhere else

Are you saying that the steps I gave you did not reveal to you the temp folder?

that is the problem

I numbered the procedures. At what step number were you stuck because the results you are getting is different?

no no different results - library - caches - and then no temp folders
no temporary items

In Library Caches, are there other folders present but no TemporaryItems folder?

the temp folders are located when you open the print option as if you are printing a document and then you click on outlook temp foldersI am now trying to move the document from the temporary folder to the document folder
how do I do that
can you please arrange for a refund of my money

When you can open the temporary folder through your Outlook by opening an attachment, just copy the path and then manually visit it using finder. Have you tried that already?