Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had an email addresss then i went to retrieve my email &

Customer Question
I had an email...

I had an email addresss then i went to retrieve my email & had to open a new account. I then deleted the hopefully new account but still cant get into my old account which i want

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Im not sure

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
12/13/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is the old email account that you are having trouble accessing?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

please fix it for me the email i want back is***@******.***
using windows***@******.***

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give me a moment to try to reset the password ***** you.

Please tell me the following information:

1. What was your last known password ***** this Gmail account?
  2. What is the full mobile phone number linked to your Gmail that is ending in 23?
bettylou75 my regular phone(###) ###-####

Please check your phone. I initiated a reset. Please give me the G-code that Gmail sent to you.

i do not have a text message on that phone i dont know what the g code is
that phkone is a landline not for texting

Thank you for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, in this case of your Gmail account, there is NO WAY this can be recovered through the password ***** procedures because you have NO working recovery options.

The commonly used recovery options include a mobile phone and an alternate email address. These are the two avenues where Gmail can send you a recovery code. In your case, the phone number on record is a landline so it will never get a code from Gmail.

Let me explain the NEW Gmail reset or recovery procedures. This reset or recovery procedures of Gmail has been in place I believe just in the second quarter last year. And the goal of this recovery procedures is security and privacy. Security in the sense that it will be harder for a hacker to hack into someone else's Gmail account. And most importantly, privacy. In this new procedures, Gmail does NOT allow any human person from Gmail/Google team to peek into any Gmail account information for recovery.

I want to explain this "privacy" stuff a little further. Before this NEW reset procedures, Gmail provided an online form where a user can enter verifiable information about the account in case the dynamic reset process fails DUE TO lack of security and recovery information like mobile phone, alternate email address, and answers to security question. The Gmail user will provide those information and then a Gmail tech will intercede by checking the actual information on record for the particular account against the information contained in the submitted form. When the information submitted in the form matches with the actual record on file, the human person (Gmail tech) will send a reset link to allow the user to change the password. In tougher case, users are asked for scanned copy of their ID and other form of identification to Gmail through another form and again, Gmail person "peeks" into a Gmail account record and lookup if the identification matches with the submitted ones. All these "non-private" procedures were eliminated in the new reset procedures -- no human person from Gmail or Google will intervene in the recovery process and unfortunately for utmost privacy, as a result, it will be harder also for the real owner of the accounts to recover their Gmail accounts.

I know this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But without passing the verification process, there is no way to regain access to your old Gmail account. In your case, the only way to recover your Gmail account is to remember the correct password ***** the account. Please try to use the computer where you regularly access your Gmail because the password ***** the account could have been saved or remembered there. Apart from remembering the correct password, your Gmail account will no longer be accessible.

I hope you find this information useful and helpful in your quest to recover your Gmail account. Also, knowing these facts about the new reset procedures imposed by Gmail, you should now ensure that you provide up-to-date recovery information in your other Gmail account if you have any to avoid these kinds of trouble in recovering the account.

At this point you placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and for helping you if you rate positively (3-5 stars/faces).

It is up to you if you want to credit me or not. Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) for not getting your desired results. Your deposit is refundable if you do not wish to pay and here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess