Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I recently moved house and changed from Optus to NBN. I now…

Customer Question
I recently moved house...

I recently moved house and changed from Optus to NBN. I now have a problem with receiving incoming emails. It all worked well for a couple of weeks but now says "receiving 1 out of 5 emails" but the emails don't come through. Have contacted Telstra but they say it is a Incredimail 2.5 problem. Can you help me please?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I am checking my emails from Incredimail 2.5

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I have Norton

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Norton is hung at the moment also

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/13/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you mean nothing changed in settings of Inredimail including software version and email configuration, just location has been changed, but it stops working now? If yes, can I know the email address please? Just telling the email provider is fine. Thanks.

I have changed some of the account settings in the last couple of days - after it stopped working - in the hope I would fix it, but it didn't work. It is OK to securely connect providing I don't have to pay extra for it.
Did you get that last message?
Not prepared to pay another $55

Sorry I am in a meeting. Back to you soon.

The email address is***@******.***

Okay, let me find the correct settings for your Bigpond mailbox. Just moment.

> It is OK to securely connect providing I don't have to pay extra for it.

Sorry, I can't do it for free, it is a violation of the site's rule, though as an Australian I am happy to do so. :)

Therefore, I am more than happy to offer a 50% discount just for today and for you. This offer has to be sent from my side. If you request it from your side, it is the standard rate at $39 USD.

Please advise. Thanks.