Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a gmail account that I have not been able to verify…

Customer Question
I have a gmail...

I have a gmail account that I have not been able to verify for Google, so I am locked out. No big deal because I don't really use it. But even though I eliminated the account, and I use my aol.com address for my google on my pc, the google play on my phone is connected to my gmail account. I have not been able to figure out how to change it to my aol.com account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Not that I know of.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

They don't recognize my phone number, but they did recognize my password ***** I changed it on Saturday. But since I could not identify the month and year when I started the account they decided to drop me. Fine with me .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to restablish the play store in my aol. account, and thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/12/2017
Email technician: Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner replied 9 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today.

Here are instructions on how to change your google play store account to your aol account instead

Go to settings->accounts->add account->and add another Google account with the new email. Then go into the play store and there will be your email with a drop down arrow. Tap it and select the new email.

Let me know how it goes

Thanks very much, Mike

mike when I do this will all my pictures from my google account transfer over from the account I cant recover?

Unfortunately not, they have locked you out of that account it would seem so unless you have a backup of the pictures elsewhere your a bit stuck on that one... Having said this, what exactly have you done to recover your account with gmail?