Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It's not my computer....it's my husband's phone. He has been…

Customer Question
It's not my computer....it's...

It's not my computer....it's my husband's phone. He has been in a nursing home for about a year and a half with alzheimer's. I know he had a gmail account that was set up as his apple id. I'm trying to get to his email so I can do a account recovery email to be able to sign into itunes to get his apple account changed. When I had google send me an account verification code to my email...it wouldn't go through as it can't prove who is trying to recover the info. Is there anyway around this other than to call Apple directly? He had a rather expensive phone and I want to wipe it and resell it as he is no longer capable of using it. Was hoping to find a way to access his songs to download to an ipod or such.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

For mine but not his

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Thank you

I'm sorry about the issue, please go to the Account support page : https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
Follow the instructions. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account. Answer as best you can.
Reset your password. Choose a strong password ***** you haven't already used with this account.

If you can't recover your email please fill out the My account is disabled form : https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2 Give them 24 to 48 hours to respond, as they have many forms they are working on.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you