Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was trying to export my email folder and files to a pst…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to export my email folder and files to a pst file the computer shut down and i lost all my email folders and files

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Yes i have and their is nothing

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Microsoft outlook 2010

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried the "Recover deleted items" option under the Deleted Items folder?

I don't see that option under deleted item folder

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

We exporting inbox folders and emails to a flash drive, when the computer went blank restarted and we have lost all of our microsoft outlook files

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Are you trying to export these files to a new computer?

OR are you trying to recover these files on the original computer?

The PST files should be there, let me know what you're trying to do or what we need to do and then i'll assist. However, the PC with the PSTs files should be accessible in order for us to troubleshoot.

trying to recover the files on the original computer

Okay. See if the files are in My Documents -> Outlook files or %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

they have a file dated 12/07/2017 under outlook files under documents

And in %appdata%?

add to what

I said and in %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (not add to)

What is the size of the file dates 12/07/2017?

And in %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (what is the size of the pst file)

i have the outlook file that i would like to restore
not sure how to restore it

Okay, create a copy of it so that we don't lose it.

Then in Outlook -> Click Tools -> Accounts -> Data Files -> Add data file and then chose the one you want to restore.

I can do this for you if you like remotely.

its not showing me a tools tab in outlook
    On the File tab, click Account Settings > Account Settings.On the Data Files tab, click Add.Click the Outlook Data File (.pst) file that you want to open, and then click OK.