Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Yahoo mail shows a discrepancy of about 10 hours on the…

Customer Question
My Yahoo mail shows...

My Yahoo mail shows a discrepancy of about 10 hours on the time posted for each email. My desktop computer shows the correct time of day, so this has to be Yahoo. This has now been going on for every email over the past 7-10 days. It makes it impossible to see an accurate time log for each email each day. Help?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through my desktop web browser. In fact my computer opens on Yahoo.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None- I would not know how to access a corrective measure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

You stated that the time setting was showing up correctly on your desktop; so which computer/device are you having this issue on now?

No-the problem is on my desktop. I said that this same computer shows the correct date and time of day on the computer screen continually, but each Yahoo email shows an incorrect time of being received by about 10-12 hours.
At this point I have paid 5$ for nothing. Is this legit? Should I contact Yahoo direct to inquire about your service?
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I would like to assist you today with your email issue. Before I begin, I would like to explain that Just Answer is a group of experts with different skills and backgrounds. We are not tied into Yahoo but assist with all email issues. I may have a solution for you if you would like to still work with us.

I initially thought I was communicating with Yahoo. I assumed this would be an easy fix with a simple answer from you. I do not want to enter a contact with anyone. Did it cost me $5 to find out that I was not communicating with Yahoo?

No I will get this to customer service to refund your $5. Take care!