Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had an issue with Microsoft over a hotmail account more…

Customer Question
I had an issue...

I had an issue with Microsoft over a hotmail account more than a month ago. I contacted them about the account, but they says that it doesn't exist even though I have had the account for several years. Now because of their bungling someone else has created an email account with that same email address. The account is***@******.***. Every time I received an email from Microsoft, they told me that it would have to go to a higher level of support, but I never received anything from their so-called higher level of support. And now the account has been taken over by someone else. How do I get it back?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Hotmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I check it online.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

This is not an application problem on my computer. This is a Microsoft problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have already explained everything to you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Do you still have the email copies from Microsoft saying those high-level support things? If yes, please post it here for review. Thanks.