Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

A small colored circle (approx. 2/16") constantly spins

Customer Question
A small colored circle...

A small colored circle (approx. 2/16") constantly spins around my email page (clockwise) and I can't do anything to open it up.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I'm not computer savvy and I'm afraid I'll mess it (my computer) up further

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
You cannot email me because I am unable to receive them.
12/11/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What web browser are you using to access your emails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. A Macbook Pro
2. I open my email account from my computer - I hit the mail icon and it opens up

Have you tried to access your Yahoo email using Safari?

I still get the same 2/16" clockwise circle that goes all over the page and it won't let me open my mail up
Jess - can you fix my problem or not?

In your Safari, is your password ***** your Yahoo being rejected? Or the page just freezes?

No, not that I know of. Can I try Safari without losing you and if I do, how do I get you back again? I don't want to start all over if for some reason we get disconnected.
Can you securely connect with my computer so you can MAYBE fix it?

Yes, we can do Remote Access later if needed. Please just try to access your email using Safari. Please open a NEW tab so that you can get back to me easily on the tab that we are chatting.

How do I open a new tab for Safari? This page remains and I hit Safari and nothing happens

Please locate the small + button at the top right of the Safari page. Click on that + to open a new tab. Then type www.mail.yahoo.com and login to your Yahoo. Then to go back to me here, simply click on the tab where you see JustAnswer.

Your page is blocking the + so I can't open it. Can I hit the red button at the top left of the page to get rid of your page so I'll be able to see the + so I can click on it?

Ok. Do you have other web browsers installed that you can use instead of Safari? Like Chrome or Firefox?

NO

Ok. Proceed with Safari then

I am going to disconnect this conversation because I am making no progress in getting the help I need to correct my email problem and it's costing me money without any positive results.

I am here just trying to help you and I am very sorry if you are not getting the results that you desire. But if you can try the procedures I asked of you, I can continue to assist you further.

I contacted a friend and within 30 seconds they corrected my problem one the phone
the typo "one" is supposed to read OVER

Ok. Good to hear that.