Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Can not send or receive email. through outlook. had

can not send or receive...
can not send or receive email. through outlook. had verizon.net and they migrated to aol. started yesterday about 3pm eastern. MS was in my computer last night for about 3 hours and could find no problems with outlook...
JA: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: error message
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: nothing has changed, MS disabled both windows and malware softwarelast night to no avail, same error messages... can not find server and email test fail
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what else is there to know it wont send or receive
12/11/2017
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you try to send and receive, what is the error you receive when it fails?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Task '*****@******.*** - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

Thanks

Can you tell me the version of outlook you are using.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
try walking me through first...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2016

Thanks

Click on File, Account Settings,

Tell me the servers listed there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pop3 and the pop and stmp are verizon.net

You need to tell me the full server names set there please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pop.verizon.net smtp.verizon.net

Thank you

Go to more settings, Advance and tell me the ports in use for each and if SSL is enabled.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pop3 995 smtp 465 ssl

Change SMTP to 587 and click ok, then Next and tell me if it is accepted

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are doing everything ms techs did last night and could find nothing wrong with outlook. the problem appears to me to be between AOL and Verizon connections

Can I connect to your computer and I will do the instructions directly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i googled AOL tech help and got you....well that costs me more and no guarantee you will correct the problem

I am doing it at no extra charge for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok but what will the final cost to me be; i am not familiar with this site and have no idea of what i am going to pay...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still there

I cannot see any costs here, it is the amount you set when you created the question, if you missed this please email customer service on

***@******.***

and they can tell you

let me know when you have

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok when you take control, besides email settings will you be able to determine if aol servers are the problem and can you correct that.

It will depend on what the actual issue is

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i clicked ok and got nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there

Clicked ok on what? As there is no Ok in my instructions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
team viewer qs.exe clicked save file or cancel i clicked save file and nothing happened

yes, save it then click it to open

Like any file you download please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok id###-##-####

I need the password ***** well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
3804
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont see you here yet

It says you closed the program or gave me the wrong ID.

You have to leave the program open so I can connect, open it again, give me the new password ***** tells you and double check the Id and leave it open please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
same id - pw 1970
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there when this reopens

No, it will take some time for the scan, windows will open then try outlook and tell me if it functions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to go. Will be gone all afternoon do l e mail you when l get back from here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean text u here

yes please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok are we disconnected
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are we disconnected from remote control

yes we are

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok talk later. Thank you for your help so far
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Richard, ray lindeman again...you said to contact you if it dosnt work....it dosnt work. Where to we go from here. i emailed you this morning, please respond
Richard, Email Systems Specialist