Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do i block emails from senders not in my contacts on an…

Customer Question
How do i block...

How do i block emails from senders not in my contacts on an iPad

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

IPad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, you only want people who are in your contacts to send to you on your Gmail account correct?

Please let me know

no
not at this time

Thank you

They do not provide this level functionality, but you can of course block and restrict.

What you do is go to www.gmail.com

Sign in there

Click on the gear wheel in the top right then settings.

Then click on Filters and Blocked Addresses.

There you can determine which domains or addresses to allow and to block.

So for example to block everyone fro hotmail you would use @hotmail.com and select to delete it.

Or you could make a special folder in Gmail and then choose each address and set it to move to that folder so you only need to check that folder

Let me know please how you go doing this

Thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.